Saturday, 3 November 2012

Latest Addition to the Landbee Collection - a Blickensderfer 7 with Long Carriage (14")

I bought this machine from a nice lady in the far west of North Yorkshire. She could tell me only that it belonged to her father in law and knew no more about it. 

The pictures show it as I found it - I hope to spruce it up in the next few weeks. 








Overall the machine looks to be in good condition. It is quite dirty and the bare metal parts have a little rust, not at all surprising considering it has been in storage for many years.  There are composite key tops and the platen is 14 inches. The box is fairly sound though the top is detached; I hope it will be fairly simple to glue it back. There is no paper scale and I am not sure if it is missing or whether some 7's did not have one

No comments:

Post a Comment